Floating Images Hot A Read more [...]
3 Day 4WD Moreton Island Explorer – DO IT ALL
All ferry, National Park entry fees, vehicle, camping fees, accommodation and transfers pre-arranged by Sunrover Team (no time wasted)
3 Days / 2 Nights
(1 Night Luxury Camping Moreton Island National Park – max 10 guests)
(1 Night Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort on Moreton Island with wild dolphin feeding)
Day 1 (Lunch and cold drinks, fresh fruits and breads (BYO Beer or Wine), Entree, Dinner and Dessert)
Meet and greet with your local friendly tour guide, this small group eco tour allows for the comfort of 4WD adventure in safety. Depart Brisbane on this fully guided off-road adventure, and eco-experience on Moreton Island. Travel across Moreton Bay Marine Park on the luxury Micat ferry. We take time to travel the west coast of Moreton Island. Spot dolphins, fish, dugong, turtles and sometimes whales. Arrive Moreton Island’s National Park west coast and Sandy Beach – the world’s third largest sand island, at the famous Tangalooma Shipwrecks – your snorkelling playground. (Day 2)
With your guide, 4WD onto the beach and through forest to The Desert sand hills for sand boarding action. Spend the morning on the slopes, fully guided with all equipment supplied. This is great fun, both gentle and steep sand dunes for all ages. 4WD over the highest sand range to remote eastern surf beach. Take a short coastal forest walk to the sand filtered fresh waters of Blue Lagoon (window lake). Relax, swim, photo, snorkel. Lunch at Blue Lagoon campsite on remote eastern beach. Your camp facilities include: National Park toilets, showers, Great erected tents, Eco Campfire & more. In the afternoon visit Cape Moreton Lighthouse and viewing area – Queensland’s oldest lighthouse and a great place to spot whales, dolphins and turtles with incredible island views. Return via Honeymoon Bay, North Point and Yellow Patch.
Your local guide will prepare a dinner with an entree of fresh island mussels before a BBQ local fresh fish, breads with salads for dinner (BYO wine or beers). Return to the tents or local campfire for dessert and warm drinks. Your luxury tent includes fresh sheets, mattress and pillows.
Day 2 (breakfast and Lunch)
Hot country style breakfast with the morning to relax beach side or lake. Your local guide will offer the Mount Tempest hike or a morning around the lake, national park or beach side (your choice). After Lunch return via the 4WD Track to the famous Tangalooma Shipwrecks – Snorkel, swim and relax with your guide. All Equipment and Guide are provided, these 12 sunken shipwrecks are a must see. Take time to enjoy – see the sailing boats, dive operator and locals enjoying this marine playground. Early afternoon, your guide will check you into the Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort. Take time to relax beach side with views of the marine park. That evening experience the wonder of feeding the wild dolphins that visit the resort guests every night.
Today is yours to enjoy – choose one of the many free activities or relax under a palm tree. Jetty walks and southern beach tracks are popular.
We have arranged for the 4:00pm fast catamaran off the island departing from the Tangalooma Jetty, with Brisbane cruise (only 60 mins) and bus transfer back to the Brisbane City Transit Centre.
- Pickup and Return to Brisbane City
- Fully Guided 4WD 2 Day Tour of National Park
- 1 Night Luxury Eco Camping with all Facilities
- 1 Night Luxury Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort (night 2)
- Dinner with entree and desert
- Brisbane River Cruise and Return
- Luxury Moreton Bay Marine Park Cruise on way to Island
- Picnic Lunch, cold drinks in the National Park both days
- Hot country style breakfast with coffee tea and juice
- Hand Feed Wild Dolphins
- Free Activities over 30 to choose from
- 4WD Island 2 Day Adventure Tour (Value $245pp)
- Fast Catamaran Cruise on Return. only (60 mins) (Value over $60)
- Tangalooma Beach Resort – all pools, bars, jetty and activities
- Eco-Guided Walks on 4WD 2 Day tour.- Cape Moreton Lighthouse, Blue Lagoon
- Sandboarding and all equipment, Mount Tempest, Snorkel Shipwrecks
- All ferry, National Park entry fees, camping fees and vehicle fees pre-arranged by Sunrover Team (no time wasted)