Floating Images Hot A Read more [...]
This is what we do and see on our 6 hour 4WD Eco Tour:
For people on the Mainland see instructions below on how to get here.
- Pick you up from your Island accommodation at approx 8.45am.
- Drive through Dunwich pointing out the rich history of this Township
- Next is morning tea, a cuppa and some “Aussie Damper” at Brown Lake which is a fresh water lake (contains medicinal Ti Tree oil)
- From here we go to Main Beach and drive to Point Lookout watching for whales and dolphins
- We stop on Main Beach for a photo shoot and another swim if you like
- Getting to North Gorge at Point Lookout and take in the beautiful scenery and views from this point. This is Queensland’s most Easterly point so a good chance to see humpback whales (in season), dolphins, turtles, manta rays and other fish.
- Drive through Point Lookout onto Flinders Beach
- Have our famous BBQ on the beach for lunch (Aussie beef sausages, salad, coleslaw, pineapple, beetroot and a fruit drink)
- After lunch it is a walk on Flinders Beach whilst driver packs up and then to Amity Point
- Spot our resident koalas at Amity (hopefully with baby)
- Walk along jetty
- Then back to your pick up point for the return journey home.
- Day full of wonderful memories.
What to bring:
- Sunscreen of your choice
- Your swimming costumes
- Favourite water bottle (we have top ups)
- Sunglasses and a hat
- A dry towel
How to get here to join us from the Mainland:If you want to be independent and are coming from Brisbane we ask you to catch the 08:55 am water taxi from Emmett Drive in Cleveland. So this is what you need to do!
For people who are travelling across to Straddie for the day!
- Catch the 07:00 am (approx) train from Central or Roma Street stations(Monday to Friday and weekends) and go to Cleveland (end of line) arriving at approx 8.22am. Then walk off the station turning right and wait at the bus stop for the 258 bus to arrive.
- Catch the 258 bus to the water taxi terminal at Toondah Harbour showing the bus driver your train ticket and he will take you straight to the water taxi terminal in time to catch the 08:55 am boat to Dunwich.
- Board the water taxi and pay for your return ticket ($20.00 per adult)
- I will meet you as you step ashore 20 minutes later after crossing Moreton Bay. Be on the lookout for dolphins and dugongs.
- We then start the tour from Dunwich………………………EASY!
For people already on Straddie, we will pick you up from your Island accommodation 08:45 am and then go to the water taxi terminal in Dunwich to meet the others coming across by boat from Cleveland.